Date Published: 30-Jun-2020 Deadline of Submitting EOI: 13-Jul-2020 11:59 PM Manila local time
Consultant Type: Individual
Selection Method: Individual Consultant Selection (ICS)
Technical Proposal: Not Applicable
Selection Title: Project Administration Unit - Credit Analyst (Infrastructure Finance Unit- CWRD)
Total Inputs: 229 Working Days
Open to non-Member Countries: No:
Engagement Period (Months) 12
Possibility of contract extension: Not known
Possibility of consideration for downstream assignment: Not known
Country of assignment: Philippines
Country of eligibility for national consultants: Same as country of assignment
COVID-19 Related Assignment No
Project Officer: Salman Ahmed
Designation: Investment Specialist Asian Development Bank
Contact Person for Inquiries: Stefan Hruschka
Designation: Unit Head, Project Administration Asian Development Bank
Typed | Publication Date | Published By | Duration of Advertisement | Deadline
Original | 19-Jun-2020 | Mary Khristine D. Palad | 10 DAYS | 28-Jun-2020 |
Re-Adver | tisement30- | Jun- | 202 | 0Mary Khristine D. Palad14 DAYS13-Jul-2020 |
CSRN Additional Information / Attachments:
Terms of Reference (Individual Consultant)
Expertise: Credit Analyst
Expertise Group: Finance and Investment
Consultant Source: National
TOR Keywords: portfolio management, credit monitoring, infrastructure finance
Objective and Purpose of the Assignment
ADB's non-sovereign portfolio is managed by the Private Sector Portfolio Management Division (PSPM). The
Central and West Asia portfolio team of PSPM manages multiple infrastructure and agribusiness debt
transactions, which are supervised by a team of full time ADB analysts and investment specialists. PSPM
looks to hire a consultant to assist in preparation of various kinds of credit monitoring reports,
consent memos and other reports based on pre-defined templates. The consultant would also provide
support in various administrative tasks in connection with managing the division's portfolio and
interacting with ADB's clients.
Scope of Work
• Preparation of credit reviews based on ADB templates, under supervision of senior staff, and with some
technical guidance if required (above 80% of workload).
• Preparation of data compilations, internal memoranda (for waiver requests, etc.), communication to
clients, and other materials based on portfolio information, to aid preparation of project completion
reports analyzing the developmental effectiveness of completed ADB transactions. Under supervision of
senior staff, and with some technical guidance if required (less than 20% of workload).
Detailed Tasks and/or Expected Output
A. Credit monitoring
• Independently prepare (and support Investment Specialists during preparation) of annual credit
monitoring reports and quarterly watchlist reports.
• Be able to critically analyze clients reportorial, operational and financial information.
• Identify early signs of financial issues and communicate those succinctly (written and verbally) to
• Be able to analyze the commercial and legal implications of client's consent requests and present
those confidently to dealing officers, risk specialists, counsel and senior management. Work with
clients and other PSPM staff to design remedial measures (waivers, demand letters, others) and implement
them with other ADB departments (Office of Risk Management, Office of the General Counsel, Treasury
Department, Controller's Department and others).
• Have a basic understanding of corporate and project financial models. Should be able to prepare and
present the output of a scenario / sensitivity analysis.
• Plan and participate in project monitoring missions.
B. Project Monitoring
• Ensure that clients adhere to their reportorial obligations to ADB, in a timely manner, that
submissions are complete and accurate.
• Monitor the development effectiveness parameters and environmental and social management system
compliance of transactions for compilation in PSOD's Development Effectiveness Report.
C. Database maintenance
• Ensure completeness of ADB's document management systems for legal documentation, security documents
and project contracts for new project approvals, as well as completeness of documents created in PSPM
• Track and update relevant databases related to project information, consent requests, client relation
D. Project Extended Annual Review Reports
• Prepare extended annual review reports (XARRs) jointly with PSOD staff or consultants to evaluate
developmental and financial achievements of a transaction before the end of its life. Perform desk
review, collect data, financial and developmental performance of projects, conduct interviews and
participates in missions to evaluate projects for this report.
E. Administrative and Planning Support
• Participate in the ad hoc work assigned by management including various change initiatives,
development of systems and processes.
The contract is subject to performance evaluation review, conducted at midpoint or annually, whichever
comes first. The review shall be based on achievement of assignment specific outputs on time and on
budget. Any changes in stated outputs need to be approved by ADB. ADB reserves the right to terminate
the contract i) if outputs are not achieved on time and at quality level acceptable to ADB; ii) services
are no longer required or iii) for any other reasons in the interest of the project. Pre-termination of
the contract is subject to 2-weeks notice.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in finance, business or related fields, preferably with advanced training
• At least 6 years of relevant work experience in the field of project, corporate, or infrastructure
finance, working for a financial institution
with a leading commercial bank, international financial institution, investment bank, infrastructure
fund or consultancy firm.
• Good understanding of credit analysis with respect to corporate and project finance transactions.
• Strong skills in client management.
• Strong analytical thinking, with ability to comprehend causal links, undertake cost-benefit analysis,
and identify critical factors to reach a decision.
• Ability to independently identify tasks and priorities within the area of responsibility; formulate
and then execute plans for the completion of such tasks
• Proven ability to undertake research and analysis on bespoke requests.
• Skills and confidence required to conduct discussions and negotiations with clients with limited
• Ability to work in a multicultural setting and strong team player.
• Excellent written (including effective report writing) and verbal communication skills in English.
Minimum General Experience: 6 Years
Minimum Specific Experience (relevant to assignment): 6 Years
Regional/Country Experience: Desired
Details Name Type Estimated Submission Date
Preparation of 10 to 12 annual monitoring reports Report 15-Jul-2021
Around 15 waiver and amendment requests, watchlist memoranda Others 15-Jul-2021
Regular participation in client meetings, responsibility for around 10 transactions Others 15-Jul-2021
Schedule and Places of Assignment (chronological and inclusive of travel)
Max. Working Days/Week
Home Office 5
City and Country Working Days Estimated Start Date Estimated End Date Other Details (use if place selected is Others)
Manila, Philippines 105 15-Jul-2020 31-Dec-2020
Manila, Philippines 124 01-Jan-2021 15-Jul-2021
Cost Items Amount in USD
Remuneration and Other Expenses
All activities and inputs in the TOR but not limited to remuneration, per diem, air travel, miscellaneous travel expenses, report preparation, production, and transmission, land transportation, communications, etc. 22,290