Panj-Amu River Basin Sector Project
18 September 2020
21 October 2020
G0506-AFG & G0507-AFG
ADB - Asian Development Bank, EC - European Commission
Grant Number and Title: G0506-AFG & G0507-AFG: Panj-Amu River Basin Sector Project
Contract No and Title: NPA/NWARA/ P-ARBP/NCB/W- 6924/99: Rehabilitation and Construction of Subprojects (Sharawan Takhar and Momen Abad) Irrigation Schemes in Takhar)
Deadline for Submission of Bids: 21 October 2020, 10:00 AM (Kabul time)
1. The Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received financing from the European Union (EU) and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of the Panj-Amu River Basin Sector Project (P-ARBP). Part of this grant will be used for payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible source countries of the ADB. This contract will be jointly financed by the European Union (EU). The eligibility rules and procedures of ADB will govern the bidding process.
2. The National Procurement Authority (NPA) on behalf of National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA) ('the Employer') invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the Rehabilitation and Construction of Subprojects (Sharawan Takhar and Momen Abad Irrigation Schemes in Takhar).
3. National Competitive Bidding (NCB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB's Single-Stage: One-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible source countries as described in the Bidding Documents.
4. Only eligible bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this bidding:
No. Item Criteria Requirement
Pending Litigation and Arbitration
All pending litigation and arbitration, if any, shall be treated as resolved against the Bidder and so shall in total not represent more than fifty (50) percent of the Bidder's net worth calculated as the difference between total assets and total liabilities should be positive.
Historical Financial Performance
Bidder's Financial Position should be positive for the last 3 years
Average Annual Construction Turnover
Firm must have a minimum average annual construction turnover (AACT) of USD 6.65 million calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last three (3) years.
An amount of USD 830,000 should be available for the project in excess of Total Financial Requirements for Current Contract Commitments
Financial Resources for Joint Ventures:
For Joint Ventures:
(1) One partner must demonstrate that its financial resources defined in FIN-3, less its financial obligations for its own current contract commitments defined in FIN-4, meet or exceed its required share of USD 330,000 from the total requirement for the Subject Contract.
(2) Each partner must demonstrate that its financial resources defined in FIN-3, less its financial obligations for its own current contract commitments defined in FIN-4, meet or exceed its required share of USD 210,000 the total requirement for the Subject Contract.
(3) The joint venture must demonstrate that the combined financial resources of all partners defined in FIN-3, less all the partners' total financial obligations for the current contract commitments defined in FIN-4, meet or exceed the total requirement for the Subject Contract of USD 830, 000.
No. Item Criteria Requirement
Contracts of Similar Size and Nature
Participation in at least one contract that has been successfully or substantially completed within the last five (5) years and that is similar to the proposed works, where the value of the Bidder's participation exceeds USD 4 million The similarity of the Bidder's participation shall be based on the physical size, nature of works, complexity, methods, technology or other characteristics
5. To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, bidders should contact:
National Procurement Authority
Administrative Office of the President, Kabul, Afghanistan
Tel: +93 (0) 202147557
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
and copy to National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA)
Central Program Management Office, Block 5.
Darul Aman Road, District 6 Kabul, Afghanistan
Tel: +93(0) 786 538 477
6. A complete set of bidding documents including drawing in English may be obtained by interested eligible bidders from NPA website https://www.npa.gov.af/en/home, and also may be obtained in flash or CD from the National Procurement Authority (NPA) office mentioned above. In case of any difficulty, interested bidders may contact the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Delivery of Bid: Completed documents (Technical & Price Bids) sealed in a single envelope clearly marked as 'TECHNICAL BID AND PRICE BID' with the Project name.
a) In hard copy at the location and address as described in the bid document.
b) On or before the deadline: 21 October 2020 at 10:00 AM (Kabul time).
c) Together with a Bid Security in the amount as described in the Bidding Document, valid up to 28 days after the expiry of the bid validity period.
d) The bids will be opened on the 21 October 2020 at 10:00 AM (Kabul time) in the presence of the bidders' designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend.
8. When comparing bids, ADB's Domestic Preference Scheme will not be applied.
9. Site visit will be organized and its optional/open to all bidders, on the date 29 September 2020, 10:00 AM (Kabul time). For better coordination kindly contact;
Eng Ezatullah Zadran, PIO Manager
RBA (River Basin Agency) Building, PIO Office.
Telephone +93 (0) 796 73 1000.
10. A pre-bid meeting shall take place at the following date, time and place:
Central Project Management Office
National Water Affairs Regulation Authority
Date: 6 October 2020
Time: 10:00 hours (Kabul Time)
Hyperlinks to Related Project Dossiers: