Date Published: 23-Feb-2021 Deadline of Submitting EOI: 01-Mar-2021 11:59 PM Manila local time
Consultant Type: Individual
Selection Method: Individual Consultant Selection (ICS)
Technical Proposal: Not Applicable
Selection Title: Supporting Knowledge Solutions for New Development Strategies in South Asia
Package Name: Trade Facilitation Specialist
Advance Action: No:
Total Inputs: 180 Working Days
Consulting Services Budget: USD 35,000
Budget Type: Estimated:
Approval Number: 9586
Approval Date: 12-Sep-2018
Estimated Short-listing Date: 26-Feb-2021
Estimated Commencement Date: 15-Mar-2021
Open to non-Member Countries: No:
Possibility of contract extension: Not known
Possibility of consideration for downstream assignment: Not known
Country of assignment: Nepal
Country of eligibility for national consultants: Same as country of assignment
COVID-19 Related Assignment No
Project Officer: Tadateru Hayashi
Designation: Principal Economist Asian Development Bank
Primary | Agency | Country | Agency Role | Person
Asian Development BankRegionalExecuting Agency |
Asian Development BankRegionalImplementing Agency |
Typed | Publication Date | Published By | Duration of Advertisement | Deadline
Original | 23-Feb-2021 | Cynthia A. Ambe | 7 DAYS | 01-Mar-2021 |
Terms of Reference (Individual Consultant)
Expertise: Trade Facilitation Specialist
Expertise Group: External Affairs & Communications
Consultant Source: National
TOR Keywords: Trade Facilitation Specialist
Objective and Purpose of the Assignment
The DOC is embarking on modernization and automation to facilitate trade, including implementation of
standards set in the RKC, customs- related WTOTFA measures, and e-Customs. To optimize the effectiveness
of these modernization initiatives, including introduction of new functionalities based on international
standards, a review of the existing customs legislation and processes is essential, with a view to re-
aligning them for simplification.
Scope of Work
An expert will be engaged to provide guidance and assistance for the modernization of customs
through improvement in legislative as well as customs processes to align them with the international
Detailed Tasks and/or Expected Output
• Assist Department of Customs to transpose the proposed legal text into the English,
• Participate in drafting the Customs rules, procedures, handbook in line with the proposed Customs Act.
• Support DOC and international experts in implementing the business processes re-engineering.
• Provide functional inputs to DOC in implementing the Comprehensive ASYCUDA World Implementation plan.
• Provide inputs to implement e-payment in ASYCUDA World.
• Provide inputs to Department of Customs to prepare paperless customs clearance.
• Continue provide expert's service to review documents required for Customs Clearance and simplify
• Assist Department of Customs to carry out time-release studies in additional Customs points,
• Assist Department of Customs to carry out tariff policy review and align with BIMSTEC, WTO Tariff and
other bilateral and multilateral commitment in line with HS 2017 version to make it investment friendly.
• Assist DoC to prepare customs tariff Nomenclature in line with HS 2022 version.
• Assist DOC to implement the Capacity Development Plan including training.
• Assist DOC to develop the Customs Tariff Act.
• Continue expert service to implement the use of standard units of quantity to facilitate, collection,
comparison and analysis of international Statistics based on the HS.
• Assist DOC to carry out Training and awareness program to Agents, SMEs and other stakeholders on New
• Assist DOC to implement Capacity Development Plan in general and support in training on
Classification, Valuation, Risk Management, Post Clearance Audit and Customs procedures.
• Assist DOC in restructuring Customs tariff and create National subheadings to facilitate and promote
• Assist Department of Customs to simply the procedure of EXIM Code Number and amendment the relevant
provisions of the legislation.
• Assist DOC to collect and archive the documents of historical importance of Customs in Virtual Meeting
Room Supported by ADB.
• Assist DOC to draw detail Job Descriptions for Department of Customs staff in line with the new
• Undertake other related tasks as may be required by ADB project officers
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Minimum Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferable. • Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional
experience. • International assignments in similar geographic area. • Broad-based work experience
recognized as an expert either in a broad area of specialization or in a limited specialized field.
Minimum General Experience: 10 Years
Minimum Specific Experience (relevant to assignment): 10 Years
Regional/Country Experience: Required
Schedule and Places of Assignment (chronological and inclusive of travel)
Max. Working Days/Week
Home Office 5
City and Country Working Days Estimated Start Date Estimated End Date Other Details (use if place selected is Others)
Home Office, Other 180 15-Mar-2021 31-Oct-2021
Cost Items Amount in USD
Remuneration and Other Expenses
All activities and inputs in the TOR but not limited to remuneration, per diem, air travel, miscellaneous travel expenses, report preparation, production, and transmission, land transportation, communications, etc. 28,992
Hyperlinks to Related Project Dossiers: