Strengthening national humanitarian mine action capacity through the implementation of Explosive Ordnance VA Activities, Emergency RE and First Aid Training in the northern regions of Mali
Grant support-call for proposal
Beneficiary country(ies): Mali
Deadline on: 05-Jan-2021 12:00 (GMT 0.00) Western Europe Time, London, Lisbon, Casablanca
The UNOPS Peace and Security Cluster invites interested and eligible applicants to apply for a Call for Proposals ('CFP') for the grant project: Strengthening national humanitarian mine action capacity through the implementation of Explosive Ordnance Victim Assistance Activities (VA), Emergency Explosive Ordnance Risk Education (EORE) and First Aid Training in the northern regions of Mali.
This is a two-year project and INGOs should work developmentally with at least one, and a maximum of two NNGO(s), in order to:
- Establish a formal and long-term partnership committed to the transfer of the skills, knowledge and attributes required for the independent conduct of VA and EORE activities by the NNGO(s);.
- Develop NNGOs to have the technical, organisational and project management capacity enabling them to effectively manage and implement activities in their own right as HMA humanitarian actors and to a level where accreditation in line with Mine Action standards is achieved to obtain organizational accreditation under mine action standards.
- Create fully nationalized VA/emergency EORE teams, able to operate safely and effectively in accordance with Mine Action standards, under the accreditation of the INGO(s).
- Physically complete VA and emergency EORE activities.
- Deliver first aid training to community members, civil society organizations and focal points, through a specialised organization or accredited in-house capacities.
Hyperlinks to relevant documents: